Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Just Google It... Not Always

This came to me while I was at work at the learning center where I tutor. I told the directors about one of the great new sites I learned about yesterday, www.starfall.com. So far, my only complaint about the site is that I can't find a tutorial for long vowel sounds. I felt the site would be great for our beginning reading students. As I was teaching a beginning reading student yesterday, he was struggling with compound words. He could understand how "dog" and "house" combined to make doghouse but he didn't understand how doghouse could be split into "dog" and "house." My director knows I am in this class so I told her while I was at class today I would try to find a website to help this student. She said, "Just Google it." Will Google come through? Who knows? We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Shift Happens

Clarification of Fair Use Guidelines of the Copyright Law

Do You Believe?

The Last Lecture

My Del.icio.us Bookmarks