Monday, July 21, 2008

Personal Learning Strategy

Every year I have to write down library and personal goals for the next school year. I just kind of scribble something down, type it, email it, and then forget about it. I learned about a great way to write goals in terms of professional and personal development. It is called a Personal Learning Strategy. In a school year, people should attend a combination of 10 learning experiences that fall under the following categories: Formal Core (to increase your professional depth), Formal Cross (Cross training to better understand other parts of your organization.), Informal personal (does not have to do with your profession), Formal personal (book club, sewing workshop, etc). I plan to do this every year. Since this is the first time I am doing this, I will use the Fall to map out what I want to do. I will assess myself in January and submit a final copy to my administration in June. In future years, I will turn in my final draft for the present school year along with my rough draft for the next year.

No comments:

Shift Happens

Clarification of Fair Use Guidelines of the Copyright Law

Do You Believe?

The Last Lecture

My Del.icio.us Bookmarks